Distillers of new ideas and creativity, the Monk family has always been concerned with making the invisible visible and sharing its experience.
First by creating the Oak Circuit in 1990: a 3-stage circuit to meet the
- stave splitters: right in front of your eyes, the oak logs are split to be transformed into staves which become, after drying, the cooper's lumber.
- cooper : you will follow step by step the transformation of the staves into staves. You will see the wood bend and become a barrel thanks to the magic of the fire and the cooper's know-how.
- distiller : in the distillery, you will discover the subtleties of Charente distillation. In the cellars, you will be introduced to the mysteries of cognac ageing.
From 1st July to 31st August: departure from the tourist information office in Jarnac on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Meeting point at 2pm. The rest of the year by appointment.
15.00 € per person / 10.00 € Junior 8-14 years old / 40.00 € the family package (2 parents + 2 or more children) / Free - 8 years old
Then by proposing various visits:
Tailor-made tours: The Distillation of Cognac, The Secrets of Cognac and Pineau, Cognac and Cooperage, All the Secrets of our Know-How
Les rendez-vous Gourmands : Pineau or cognac or wine tastings
Specialized tastings : Tasting workshops on unique products
Visits by appointment
For children, two different quizzes are offered, one for children who read and one for children who do not read.
Services / Comfort
Pets are not accepted
- Coach park
- Types de produit :
- Pineau / Cognac
- Owner status : winegrower
Open all year round
Classification, labels and brands
- Labels Tourisme et Handicap
LES FRÈRES MOINE
1, Rue de la Boucle