Equipped with the latest technology, the center is covered and air-conditioned, with 2000 square meters of floor space and 2 hectares of natural landscape and forest. Here, you are invited to meet Neandertal. Your adventure will go through the discovery of the archaeological site (which is accessible with a panoramic elevator), before you discover the animations that will immerse you into a journey that began 15 billion years ago and continues up to the emergence of Humanity.
You will walk in the footsteps of your distant cousins and compare yourself to them...
Among the main events on the schedule :
- the projection on a giant screen of the 4k Dolby surround documentary "Pierrette en terre animale'', with which you vill discover the prehistoric fauna, which Ubisoft© and Far Cry Primal images bring back to life.
- - "In the footsteps of Pierrette": an original experience in Virtual Reality, where the visitor plays Pierrette and makes a place for themselves within the hunter-gatherer clan.
- 3D animations and interactive workshops, demonstrations of prehistoric techniques on weekends and school vacations.
The visitors will experience a new escape game, a 60-minute immersive game in which the group of players is trapped in an archaeological universe from which they must escape by solving puzzles.
The Paleosite will also host the traditional Prehistoric Weapons Shooting Championship, which will take place over two days and will be attended by many participants, amateurs, enthusiasts and families.
He will also find the not to be missed daily animations : demonstration of fire lighting and flintknapping, visit of the archeological site, hunt with spearthrowers and assegai, prehistoric art workshop, as well as new punctual animations.
We will note the presence of some speakers during the vacations such as FRIS the cartoonist, Stéphanie ROUMEGOUS specialist in prehistoric medicine and cooking as well as Bilout, a famous actor who will set up humorous scenes.
At PALÉOSITE, get ready for a great time travel for the whole family!
Covid-19 special services
- limitation of the number of visitors per room (300 max. simultaneously in the Center),
- one facilitator per room who ensures the disinfection of the stations after use,
- guidelines put in place to ensure safety, the mandatory use of a mask, the respect of safety distances, the disposable hydroalcoholic gel,
- Boundaries are drawn on the ground at the site reception and in the rooms so that each person respects the safety distance.
- the interior visit is almost all accessible, except some workshops requiring manipulation by the visitor, which are temporarily unavailable. However, the visitor will still be able to compare himself to Neandertal in the Morpho room and develop his/her knowledge of Prehistory in the Discovery room.
Services / Comfort
- Coach access
- Educational visits
- Guided tours
- Pets welcome
- Room hire
- Play area
- Picnic area
- Air conditioning
- Exhibition space
- Car park
- Meeting room
- Coach parking
- Free car park
Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Prices and means of payment
Adult: 10 €
Child: 6 €
Large family: 26 €.
Free entry for children < 6 years, children accompanied by an adult.
Means of payment
- Chèques Vacances
- Online payment
- American Express
- Bank/credit card
Classification, labels and brands
- Mental disability
- Physical disability
Area and capacity
- Bathroom : 1
- In the country
- Village 2 km away
Things to see
Tours available in :
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours on request