From 14th to 17th November 2019
Exciting, fascinating debates, privilege time with writers from all over Europe,
meet people of all ages in a warm,
convivial frame of mind.
Created in 1988, the LEC Festival has celebrated its 30th anniversary! The association, Littératures Européennes Cognac’s ambition has always been to have European literature widely known and appreciated.
The LEC festival takes place every year in the third weekend of November from Thursday to Sunday, in Cognac.
Writers, translators, journalists and artists from all over Europe get together to make Cognac a capital of European Literature.
The event has become a privileged meeting place, ideal for exchanges between the public and authors from different countries. Debates, exhibitions, encounters, readings, awards of prizes, games, workshops and young people and families’ area express the richness of our European heritage.
A major event in November, our festival is above all:
– An opportunity to discover contemporary European literature,
– Discussing with authors and graphic artists from all over Europe,
– Following debates, encounters, performance and awards ceremonies
– Seeing exhibitions and watching movies
– Discovering, imagining and having fun with family
– Taking part in workshops
– Exploring our new young-adults and Euromanga section
– Wander round the bookshops…
Special guests in 2019 : Lille – Brussels – Amsterdam
to discover Hauts de France, Belgium and the Netherlands
At Congress Centre La Salamandre (general and teenagers) from November 14th to 17th 2019
At Fondation d’entreprise Martell (kids zone) from November 16th to 17th