From 14th to 17th November 2019
Exciting, fascinating debates, privilege time with writers,
meet people of all ages in a warm,
convivial frame of mind.
The Cognac European Literary Festival was created in 1988 so this year is our 30th anniversary! Our ambition has always been to have European literature widely known and appreciated.
The festival takes place every year in the third weekend of November from Thursday to Sunday, in the Centre des Congrès La Salamandre, Cognac.
Writers, translators, journalists and artistes from all over Europe get together to make Cognac a capital of literary Europe.
The event has become a privileged meeting place, ideal for exchanges between the public and authors from different countries. Debates, exhibitions, encounters, readings, awards of prizes, games, workshops and young people’s area express the richness of our European heritage.
A major event in November, our festival is above all:
– an opportunity to discover contemporary European literature,
– discuss with authors and graphic artists from all over Europe,
– be present at awards ceremonies
– follow a debate or an encounter
– see an exhibition,
– watch a film,
– wander round the bookshop,
– make a family visit to the young people’s bookshop,
– participate in illustration workshops and let your imagination run loose …
Year-round there are literary-related events and activities, notably European Literature Thursdays.
Rendezvous from 14th to 17th November 2019