From 18th to 21st November 2021
Exciting, fascinating debates, privilege time with writers from all over Europe,
meet people of all ages in a warm,
convivial frame of mind.
Created in 1988, the LEC Festival has celebrated its 30th anniversary! The association, Littératures Européennes Cognac’s ambition has always been to have European literature widely known and appreciated.
The LEC festival takes place every year in the third weekend of November from Thursday to Sunday, in Cognac.
Writers, translators, journalists and artists from all over Europe get together to make Cognac a capital of European Literature.
European Litteratures Cognac welcome the Danube
A major event in November, our festival is above all:
– An opportunity to discover contemporary European literature,
– Discussing with authors and graphic artists from all over Europe,
– Following debates, encounters, performance and awards ceremonies
– Seeing exhibitions and watching movies
– Discovering, imagining and having fun with family
– Taking part in workshops
– Exploring our new young-adults and Euromanga section
– Wander round the bookshops…