Here is a recipe for goat’s cheese tartlets.
Ingredients for 12 tartlets
2 large onions sliced in thin slices
50 cl of Pineau des Charentes Blanc
½ a soup-spoon of brown sugar
2 soup-spoons of olive oil
12 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 roll of puff pastry
150 g of goat’s cheese (log shape) in 12 slices
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and salt. Cook for 20 minutes on a low heat while stirring regularly until they are soft.
- Add the Pineau des Charentes and brown sugar and cook for about 10 minutes until the onions are golden.
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Using a cutter, make rounds in the puff pastry of about 8 cm in diameter.
- Place these rounds, well-spaced, on a baking sheet. Place the onions on top then a slice of goat’s cheese.
- Decorate with a sprig of thyme. Spread beaten egg round the edges of the pastry rounds.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the tartlets are crisp and golden.
Eat with a Pineau des Charentes blanc or vieux blanc.